Alpilegno, thanks to its highly specialized technicians and the use of high technological and performance material, is a certified POSACLIMA.
Type of installation:
• ON NEW COUNTERFRAME
• REPLACEMENT OF EXISTING WINDOWS
INSTALLING WINDOWS ON NEW COUNTERFRAME
In case of renovations or new buildings, they are usually supplied with thermal break frames to be fixed to the wall (primary node).
To guarantee the highest levels of thermo-acoustic sealing, the primary node is insulated with special material such as heat-expanding tapes on the shoulders and upper beam of the frame and compressible foam strip with closed cells in the lower part, certified products in independent laboratories, GUARANTEED 10 YEARS against any infiltration of rainwater and air (drafts) within the limit of 0.75 m3 / ml-h, at the pressure of 100 Pascal, corresponding to the maximum class of air tightness, or the class 4 for the openable joints.
Subsequently, after the last masonry works and finishes, the installation of the window frame to the subframe (secondary node) is carried out. Different thermo-expanding tapes are used depending on the various partitions of the sealing node between the frame and the subframe:
• for sealing the external stop, a tape impermeable to air and water but permeable to steam is used, with a high resistance to UV rays and temperature changes.
• inside the shoulder the sealing node must perform two levels of tightness: thermal-acoustic insulation in the center and impermeability to air and steam on the inland side of the environment.
• the inner edge is taken care of for a perfect aesthetic finish with the application of a cover or of a sealing curb to have a pleasant connection to the wall.
• the sealing of the lower crosspiece towards the outside is carried out by applying polymer sealant and compressible foam tape, with closed cells, completely impermeable to water and air.
REPLACEMENT OF EXISTINNG WINDOWS
Alpilegno guarantees an optimal result without causing discomfort during the replacement.
Through a specific electric tool the old frames are cut, generally fixed directly to the masonry, so as to reduce any thermal bridges of the window hole and not to lose glazed surface (as happens when they are covered rather than cut), in this way a space is created where we place in new windows always using procedures and materials reported in the previous case.
Another important point is the verification of a possible thermal bridge of the existing lower threshold that could be the source of a large thermal dispersion if passing from the inside to the outside, in this last case a cut is always performed through a special tool eliminating the problem.
If there are bins for roller shutters, it is necessary to check if they are insulated in order to respect the new rules on energy saving, if not they are inserted within the same products specifically designed for thermal and acoustic insulation as:
• panel in modified high density polyethylene (28 kg / m3) and high thermal insulation (λ = 0,04)
• extruded polystyrene panel with a closed cellular structure for the covering of the lower flat part
• Acoustic insulation consisting of a high density (4kg / m2) bitumen-based soundproof foil with both faces coated with a polypropylene textile finish
• sealing brush made of a central bristle made of very soft and resistant polypropylene fiber and two outer layers of TNT, non-woven fabric, in polyester fiber for a better anti-draft action
• Specially shaped rigid profiles to accommodate the Air-Stop sealing brush
• Belt guide that prevents the passage of air
All this guarantees the customer an optimal result without particular inconveniences, eliminating thermal dispersion from the window hole, making the environment comfortable.